Packing and Shipping IT Assets
Properly packing IT assets provides the following benefits:
- Higher resale value can be achieved when no transport damage occurs.
- Increases chance that little to no damage will occur during handling and transit.
- Aesthetics make a big impact on selling an asset.
- It is easy to damage an item that has remained cosmetically perfect for months or years, just by moving it the wrong way.
- Something that looks secure when sitting on a pallet can shift when bouncing down the road on a truck.
You’ll Save Time and Money with These Packing Tips
We encourage clients to review these guidelines for shipping laptops, servers, monitors, hard drives, printers and computer accessories. Guidelines include packing materials needed and tips for how different equipment requires different packing.
Please note: These instructions do not describe security measures for any data bearing equipment. It is assumed that data has been destroyed on servers, laptops and hard drives prior to packing or that assets will be shipped using a secure shipping method. SLS provides on-site data destruction services for businesses if needed.